Safar Islamic Studies Textbook 7
The secondary syllabus is written for ages 11 and above. It is designed to equip learners with the necessary knowledge and tools to develop a deep-rooted love and relationship with Islam. The content not only contains information but has advice and practical tips relevant to young Muslims. This will enable them to increase their knowledge, deal with emotional and mental issues faced during adolescence, and strengthen their life skills, confidence and Islamic practice.
- The book follows a unit based structure, featuring units such as Essential Knowledge, Essential Beliefs, Fiqh (rituals and rulings), Islamic History, Contemporary Issues, Islam and the Social world and Spiritual and Moral development.
- The national curriculum has been thoroughly consulted in order to ensure the content in our books is relevant, appropriate and meaningful to young Muslims and teachers, today. This includes consideration of subjects such as RE (Religious Education), SRE (Sex and Relationship Education), the humanities, as well as objectives such as SMSC (spiritual, moral, social and cultural development), life skills and citizenship skills.
- Detailed and authentic content will allow learners to fulﬁl their religious rites and duties in an informed manner through learning, understanding and embodying the Quran, Sunnah and the rich Muslim scholarly tradition.
- With ample focus on spiritual and personal development, learners using this syllabus can grow to make moral choices and decisions as conﬁdent Muslims living in a globalised and modern world.
- The books showcase bespoke illustrations and infographics, making the design creative, engaging, and complementary to the Islamic content and values of the book.
- Keywords and vocabulary lists which help with overall Arabic and English literacy of students.